Membership in VNA
Membership in Vikings North America (VNA) is open to anyone. However, our safety regulations prohibit anyone under 18 years of age from participating in combat displays. Membership forms for children under 18 must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Alternatively, the Groups Directory will point you in the direction of a local contact who can provide more information and an introduction to what we do.
Membership levels are as follows:
- Adult membership: Full membership for adults over 18 years of age, $20.00
- Junior membership: for teenagers 13-18 years of age, $10.00
- Child membership: for children 12 and younger, $5.00
- Temporary membership: 1-event membership, $10.00
Membership benefits include:
- A VNA membership card.
- The VNA newsletter--The Saga--delivered in hard copy by real mail to keep members informed of events, resources, and society business
- Access to the VikingsNA discussion group and any other applicable Vikings North America egroups
- Coverage under a group liability insurance policy for VNA-sponsored events
- The opportunity to be recognized via our awards system.
As of early 2008, VNA is a separate organizational entity from The Vikings (UK). VNA members who wish to maintain membership in The Vikings (UK) should contact them directly and pay the UK dues.
Also note that as of January 2007, any group applying for membership into The Vikings North America must have at least 4 paid members in the group. For prospective members who are not within easy reach of other groups or who are still in the process of organizing a group, we accept "provincial" membership. On the membership form, enter "provincial" as the group name.
Applying for Membership
For 2016, we are implementing a new payment gateway using this web site. This should offer greater convenience for all. However, if you are more comfortable with the traditional payment methods (mailing a check) see below.
The new plans offer the same membership levels as before (Adult, Junior and Youth). For each plan, you may choose between a 1-year membership or an auto-renewing 1-year membership. The auto-renewing memberships will charge you again each year on January 31st. You will first receive a reminder (actually, several reminders) that the expiration is approaching. You can change the membership or stop the payment through your profile settings on this site or through PayPal.
To pay with a check, follow these steps:
- Download the Membership Form here (click for Word doc) and it will either open automatically or you may have to open it manually. Don't forget to save it to a place you can locate on your computer.
- Pay the membership dues noted above by writing a personal check or money order. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Vikings of North America.
- If you are paying or filing membership forms by mail, please use the address below.
- If you have multiple members joining or paying another years' dues at the same time, you may send the paperwork in as a group instead of one at a time.
609 NW 17th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73103